OX2 acquires Polish wind power company, Greenfield Wind
The acquisition of the project development company Greenfield Wind gives OX2 the local expertise needed to finance and build high-quality wind farms in Poland. The goal is to expand the company, and to achieve a leading position in the sector.
OX2 has acquired Greenfield Wind, a Warsaw-based project development company focusing on wind power in Poland. The acquisition includes all operations, 11 staff and a project portfolio of around 220 MW.
“Poland is an exciting market, and we have now acquired the local expertise we need to start the construction of several projects within the next two years. We are looking forward to working with our new colleagues to make high-quality wind power projects a reality”, says Johan Ihrfelt, President and CEO of OX2.
Over the past few years, the Polish wind power market has consolidated and matured. 2015 will see the introduction of a new auction-based support system. This demands high standards of quality and the ability to predict costs reliably, which suits OX2 really well, since the company has many years’ experience of the whole value chain in establishing wind power developments.
”We are delighted to be part of the OX2 Group. This puts us in the right place to become a leading turnkey supplier of wind power packages in Poland. Not only will we be able to realise and expand our own project portfolio, but we will also be able to expand the company by acquiring external projects”, says Peter Hogren, former CEO of Greenfield Wind whose new position is Managing Director and Country Manager of OX2 Wind Poland.
As a result of the acquisition, Greenfield Wind is changing its name to OX2 Wind Poland. The process of integrating the companies is well under way.
– OX2 was formerly known as O2. The company changed its name in May 2014.
– OX2 has built almost half of the large-scale onshore wind power capacity in the Nordic region.
– OX2 has built around 600 MW and planned 1,000 MW of wind power.
– OX2 has management agreements for 23 wind farms (498 MW) which produce more than 1.4 TWh/year.
– Its clients are primarily international financial investors and major electricity consumers, such as Allianz, Google and IKEA.
– OX2 is also involved in other forms of renewable energy, including bioenergy.
For more information, please contact:
Peter Hogren, Managing Director, OX2 Wind Poland, phone: +48 531 217 316, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Stormoen, Managing Director, OX2 Wind, phone: +46 70-671 18 18, mail: email@example.com