OX2 sells 32 MW wind farm in Sweden to Octopus Renewables
OX2 has signed an agreement with Octopus Renewables to sell the Marhult wind farm outside Växjö, Sweden. The wind farm will have an installed effect of 32 MW.
Construction of the wind farm will commence during spring 2022 and is estimated to be completed by the end of 2023. OX2 has developed the project since 2019. The buyer, Octopus Renewables, the fund management specialist which is part of Octupus Energy Group’s generation business, has previously acquired two wind farms from OX2.
- It is great to see the wind farm being realised. Marhult will produce about 90 GWh annually, which will be a substantial contribution to the production of electricity in this part of Sweden. It is also always extra gratifying to do business with a returning customer, says Paul Stormoen, CEO, OX2.
- We're hugely excited about this acquisition, which will play an important role in growing renewable generation in Sweden, a market where we're continuing to expand our footprint. OX2 has been a great partner for us, and we look forward to working with them to get this wind farm constructed and into operation so we can help Sweden meet its climate goals, says Peter Dias, Investment Director, Octopus Renewables.
Once commissioned, OX2 will be responsible for the technical and commercial management of the project under a 15-year agreement, optimizing the production and supervising its operations.
· Total installed effect, 32 MW with production estimated at 90 GWh annually, corresponding to the annual consumption of about 18,000 households (average consumption 5,000 kWh/year and household)
· Turbines: 7 x V150, 4,5 MW, 185 meter
· Main contractors: Vestas (supplier of turbines), Kanonaden Entreprenad (construction of roads, foundations and grid for the wind farm), E.ON (main grid connection)