OX2 and Green Investment Group sign 43MW wind power deal
Ed Northam, Head of GIG EMEA, says: “I’m delighted to be partnering with OX2 to deliver GIG’s third PPA-backed onshore wind development in Sweden in under two years. As the popularity of PPAs grows across Europe, Sweden continues to lead the way and 2019 looks set to be another exceptional year for Swedish onshore wind. GIG will continue to seek new opportunities right across the Nordic region as we pursue our mission to accelerate the transition to a greener global economy."
“We are very pleased to establish this relationship with Green Investment Group, a very strong and capable investor into Nordic renewables”, says Paul Stormoen, CEO of OX2.
“Project development was initiated by OX2 in 2006 and we are happy to see construction now commence”, concludes Dimitrios Tsioulis, Transaction Manager, OX2.
OX2 is constructing the Hornamossen wind farm under a tailored EPC contract and will, once commissioned, be responsible for the technical and commercial management of the wind farm. Turbine provider Siemens Gamesa will be the O&M contractor under a 25-year agreement. Chosen wind turbines are Siemens Gamesa SWT-DD-130 4.3MW. The wind farm is expected to be completed by late 2020.
OX2 is currently building seven wind farms with a total of approximately 750 MW in Sweden.
Facts about the project
- The facility will comprise 10 wind turbines from Siemens Gamesa, SWT-DD-130 4.3MW, each with a total height of 175 metres
- The project is expected to produce enough renewable electricity to power 24 000 households/year (5,000 kWh per household)
- The major sub-contractors are: Siemens Gamesa (turbines), Vattenfall (national grid), Kanonaden AB (ground work and foundations).
- OX2 was advised by DLA Piper (legal) on the transaction.
- GIG has secured a long-term PPA for the project with Axpo Nordic.
For more information, please contact:
Paul Stormoen, CEO OX2, Tel: +46 (0)70-671 18 18, email@example.com